Best 2 in 1 Laptops – The 5 Most Versatile Players
You live a hectic life, and what you really need is a device that provides a versatile on the go experience and hits your lifestyle – a 2 in 1 laptop.
It brings the best features of both a laptop and a tablet. Some look more as traditional laptop, while others are crafted more like a tablet with an additional separate keyboard. They can be detachable or convertible, with the touchscreen tablet coming away entirely from the keyboard section.
Laptops with removable screens that were available a few years ago were unintuitive and weighty. Today, they’re thinner, lighter and have all the necessary ports and functionalities we expect from tablets and laptops alike.
Many of them have fully-fledged operating systems, so there’s no need to worry about functionality and power.
What is 2-in-1 Laptop?
A 2-in-1 laptop can convert from a conventional laptop to a tablet. In some cases – 360-degree convertible laptops can also be used in media and tent modes.
Today, you can choose from a variety of different sorts of 2 in 1 laptops. The most popular ones are the tablet with a detachable keyboard and the 360-degree convertible, where the display flips around to change into a usually bigger slate.
The key benefit of the 2-in-1s is portability — they’re quite thin, light, and easy to carry — while they’re also useful for drawing and taking notes on the pen-enabled display.
The 360-degree convertible 2-in-1 isn’t so handy like a tablet, but it works better in laptop mode — mainly when using it on the lap, where it’s more stable than most detachable tablets.
5 Best 2-in-1 Laptops
With 2 in 1 device, you mix the productivity of a powerful laptop and the portability of a tablet. Here’re 5 more reasons why 2-in-1 laptops are your best option.
1. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 – Best 2 in 1 Laptop Under $700
When it comes to 2-in-1 laptop-tablet devices, it doesn’t get much better than the Microsoft Surface Pro 6. Like previous models, it’s a versatile, light, and well-built Windows 10 device that becomes much better when you buy Surface Pro Type Cover (sold separately) – an attachable keyboard that turns this tablet into a laptop and vice versa.
The Pro 6 has a 12.3″ screen (10-point multi-touch) that is intense and colorful (2,736 x 1,824). One of the top features on the Pro 6 is battery life – this model will drive you more than 10 hours of work time with one charge.
The Pro 6 as a best detachable laptop comes in a wide variety of configurations. You can select either 8GB or 16GB RAM to help you speed through all your workday, pick an Intel Core i5 or Core i7 processor according to your power requirements, and opt for 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB of storage depending on how many photos, videos, or other data you need on your machine.
The entry-level configuration costs $699, while the most expensive model you can purchase costs $1,899. It’s a bit pricey, but worth it if you want the best 2 in 1 laptop on the market.
Verdict – Great for folks that need to work on the go, the Surface Pro 6 is lightweight but delivers plenty of power to handle the basics with ease and batteries big enough to last for a full working day.
- CPU – 8th-gen Intel Core i5, Core i7;
- Graphics – Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 (i5), Intel UHD Graphics 620 (i7);
- RAM – 8GB or 16GB;
- SSD – 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB;
- Display – 12.3 inches (2736 x 1824 pixels);
- Battery – Up to 13.5 hours of local video playback;
- Ports – 1 USB 3.0, DisplayPort, Surface Connect, microSD, headphone;
- Cameras – Rear: 8 MP; Front: 5 MP;
- Size – 11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33 inches;
- Weight – 1.7 pounds (tablet), 2.4 pounds (with keyboard).
- Speedy quad-core performance;
- Super battery life;
- Best-in-class keyboard;
- Light and portable design;
- Vivid and bright display;
- Great new color option.
- No USB-C/Thunderbolt ports.
2. Google Pixelbook – Best 2 in 1 Laptop Under $1000
For anyone who favors Chrome OS and is devoted to Gmail all other Google-oriented features, the Pixelbook could be your dream machine.
You get a lot of functionalities, including a vivid 12.3” touchscreen, potent Intel Core i5 CPU, 8 to 16GB RAM, and Intel HD Graphics 615 GPU.
It weighs only 2.4 pounds, which is excellent for the on the go solopreneurs. From the brushed aluminum frame with smooth edges to the rubberized palm rest and underside, every design detail has accomplished and substance in equal measure.
This 2-in-1 splits its dual power-drawing USB Type-C ports between its sides, with a headphone jack on the left side.
Emitting up to 421 nits, it offers powerful brightness, which enables intense colors at up to 75 degrees to the right and left.
Its backlit keyboard offers comfortable typing for extended periods, despite its shallow design and thin measurements.
One of the Pixel’s core features is its Google Assistant-powered pen, which is $99 extra. By holding down its button while you circle an object, you can send text and images to the digital assistant, which can provide you more info.
Bottom line – It’s a striking tablet-laptop device that takes the Chrome OS platform and filled with robust components, along with supporting full Android apps.
- CPU – Intel Core i7 (7th Gen) 7Y75;
- Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 615;
- RAM – 8GB, 16GB;
- SSD – 256/512GB;
- Display – 12.3 inches (2400 x 1600 pixels);
- Battery – Up to 10 hours;
- Ports – 2 x USB-C, 2 USB-C Ports Qty, headphone/microphone combo jack;
- Camera – 720p @ 60FPS;
- Size – 11.4 x 8.7 x 0.40 inches;
- Weight – 2.43 pounds.
- Full Android app support;
- Fantastic keyboard;
- Good stylus support;
- Awesome display;
- Quick performance;
- Sleek convertible design.
- Poor battery life.
3. Microsoft Surface Go – Best 2 in 1 laptop Under 600
Featuring a 10-inch, 1800 x 1200-pixel display, and weighing barely over a pound, the Microsoft Surface Go is the ideal portable 2-in-1 device.
It’s suitable for everyday tasks like browsing the Internet or streaming videos, and the clip-on Type Cover (sold separately) has a trackpad and keyboard to bring you full 2-in-1 performance.
Its 1.6Hz Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y processor isn’t as potent as the Core i-series Intel CPUs– this won’t be your new gaming toy – but its small size makes it ideal when you need an efficient and portable machine.
Anyhow, keep in mind that while it’s intended for nine hours of battery life, depending on what you’re doing, you could expect between four to five hours before needing a charge.
Due to the hinged stand on the back, the MS Go feels sturdy when it’s propped up, and the shrunken keyboard is comfortable for typing.
Two versions of this laptop-tablet combination are available – the smaller has 64GB of storage and 4GB RAM, while the other has 128GB storage and 8GB of RAM. Pick from one to four colors to the attachable Type Cover.
Bottom line – Get the first-rate balance and portability with an Intel Gold Premium Processor and up to 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. Plus, work from anywhere with ultra-quick, optional LTE.
- CPU – Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y;
- Graphics – Intel® HD Graphics 615;
- RAM – 4GB/8 GB;
- SSD – 64GB/128GB;
- Display – 10 inches (1800 x 1200 pixels);
- Battery – Up to 9 hours of video playback, up to 8.5 hours of video playback with LTE Advanced;
- Ports – 1 x USB-C, 3.5 mm headphone jack, 1 x Surface Connect port, Surface Type Cover Port, MicroSDXC Card Reader;
- Cameras – Rear: 8 MP; Front: 5 MP;
- Size – 9.65 x 6.9 x 0.33 inches;
- Weight – 1.15 pounds.
- Comfort backlight keyboard with touchpad;
- Includes Windows Hello for facial recognition logins;
- Quicker than most budget Windows laptops;
- Good price;
- Handy and lightweight design;
- High-build quality.
- Short battery life.
4. Lenovo Yoga C930
The Lenovo Yoga C930 is a great device that’s practical and has a lot of smart features. These include things such as a built-in stylus slot, a cover for the webcam, and rotating Dolby Atmos soundbar.
The Yoga (360-degree hinge) is also lightweight, about 3 pounds, and the 13.9″ touch screen is available in 1080p or super-clear 4K with reliable 12-hour battery life.
The device has a unique design that’s both attractive and functional. Lenovo has redesigned the hinge to add a built-in speaker of the laptop’s body.
The device is very thin, with two Thunderbolt 3 ports, a USB 3.1 port, and a headphone jack, which isn’t a bad selection at all.
The base model has an Intel Core i5 processor paired with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, but you can upgrade it to include an Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, and up to a 1TB hard drive.
Bottom line – This laptop-tablet combo is a classy device with robust performance and a versatile soundbar speaker hinge.
- CPU – Up to 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U Processor (1.80GHz, up to 4.0GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache);
- Graphics – Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620;
- RAM – Up to 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (Onboard);
- SSD – Up to 1 TB PCIe SSD;
- Display – 13.9″ FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, Glossy Multi-touch; 13.9” UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS, Glossy Multi-touch;
- Battery – Up to 10 hours of battery life (UHD);
- Ports – 1 USB-C, 1 USB port;
- Camera – 720p HD Camera;
- Size – 12.7 x 8.9 x 0.57 inches;
- Weight – 3.04 pounds.
- Premium aluminum design;
- Long battery life;
- Integrated pen slot;
- Powerful performance;
- Versatility speakers;
- Lightweight and thin chassis.
- Pricey upgrade options.
5. LG Gram 2-in-1
The LG Gram 14” might not be so portable in tablet modes like dedicated tablets or detachable 2-in-1s, but it’s as close as you can have with a convertible laptop. Its 2.5 lbs weight is lighter than other devices with 14” or even 13” displays.
Bringing its excellent battery life (listed at 21 hours), it’s a useful and portable tablet that can also run as a high-performance hybrid laptop.
Firmly built with two 360-degree hinges, it’s smooth and easy to shift between the LG gram’s tablet, laptop, tent, and stand modes.
Gram’s 1920 x 1080 resolution touchscreen display looks incredible, and the (included) Stylus Pen offers an accurate and well-suited drawing or writing experience.
LG bundles an 8th-generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor, 16GB RAM, and 512GB of storage into the 0.7” thick ultraportable device.
Therefore, it’s a 2-in-1 laptop that’s capable enough to operate the most business/personal use and portable enough to carry around and run all day.
Conclusion – The LG Gram 2-in-1 provides powerful performance and nearly 12 hours of battery life in a durable, lightweight chassis.
- CPU – 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8565 (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.6GHz with Turbo Boost);
- Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 620;
- RAM – 16GB DDR4 (2,400MHz);
- SSD – 512GB;
- Display –0-inch, FHD (1,920 x 1,080) IPS LCD;
- Battery – Up to 21 hours;
- Ports – 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x USB-C, microSD reader, HDMI, headphone jack;
- Camera – Built-in 720p webcam;
- Size: 12.8 x 8.3 x 0.7 inches;
- Weight – 2.53 pounds.
- Lightweight design;
- Superb versatility with touch screen;
- Fantastic battery life;
- Bright display with sharp detail;
- Good performance;
- Reliable 360-degree hinge.
- No Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Our list will help you to find the best 2-in-1 laptop that gives you the freedom that you “need,” so you can explore, work, and play wherever you’re.
The best convertible laptop is one that fits all of your demands. All of the solutions listed above are efficient, powerful, sleek, and all-around well-designed convertible laptops.
- Best Business Laptops – Top 7 Picks with Style and Substance
- Top 6 Touch Screen Laptops for Digital Artists and Students
- Top 7 Free & Paid Antivirus Solutions for Mac
- 5 Top Rated Free Antivirus for Home Users
- Expert’s Choice: The Ultimate Server Antivirus Programs
- The 6 Top-Class Antivirus Software for iPhone
- The Best Antivirus for Android Smartphones and Tablets