10 Best Budget Gaming Keyboards: Save & Improve Your Gaming Skills
Even the end of November hasn’t come yet, it seems like a lot of relevant Black Friday keyboard deals are still available. The best time for buying the best budget gaming keyboard is now! You don’t have to spend a small fortune on a cluster of buttons to become a perfect gamer. Consider what characteristics you are looking for and buy it for a great price. In the text below, you will find out what is a good cheap gaming keyboard.
Does ‘Cheap’ Always Mean ‘Low-Quality’?
Many tech fanatics strive to escape the mindset that low prices correspond to low-quality when it comes to buying a budget gaming keyboard. The team of experts considers that you can get excellent solutions for less money, and you can find them better than premium models.
A leading counterpart with lasers and RGB LEDs can be switched with a pared-back model for an authentic gaming experience without a foppery. Getting good gaming PC peripherals without breaking the bank is, thankfully, achievable.
Even leading providers offer the tech pieces for every budget. The professional team of Techlife Zine scoured the market to prepare the list of best budget gaming keyboards and their pros and cons. Let’s begin.
10 Top-Rated Gaming Keyboards: Dare to Spare
When looking for the best solution, consider what features matter to you. Maybe you will not find some with RGB lighting, or there would be no software to manage it, but you will improve your performance and enjoy the game.
Good cheap gaming keyboards also can be mechanical or with membrane switches. Mechanical switches produce noise, and they are more convenient for gaming than membrane keys. It doesn’t mean you can not use it only for typing: many of us are in love with the sound and the feel of mechanical switches.
Keep in mind that ‘best budget’ means ‘a good quality for a reasonable price’. Choose based on your needs and wishes. Here are top-rated picks.
1. 1STPLAYER RGB DK5.0 Mechanical ($49.99)
Boost your gaming experience with 1STPLAYER RGB Gaming Keyboard! It is the best cheap keyboard for gaming according to the customer’s reviews. Excellent performance with audible click sound is its key feature.
- High-quality and long-lasting professional custom blue switches offer excellent performance with an audible click sound. It has 104 abrasion-resistant and conflict-free keys.
- It is fully programmable, so you can upgrade it and game in your style!
- Default settings with 13 different lighting modes can be updated with DIY backlit mode – full-color RGB led can supply 16 million colors. You can regulate light intensity.
- ABS construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches are resistant to sturdy game conditions.
- A reliable connection is enabled with a high-speed USB cable with gold-plated corrosion and free USB connector. It supports computer systems including Windows10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows VISTA, etc. And all of that at a great price – only $49.99!
Item Dimensions: 16.9 x 5.04 x 1.50 inches
Item Weight: 2.42 Pounds
Manufacturer: 1STPLAYER TECHNOLOGY
Hardware Platform: PC
- Precise tactile feedback
- N-Key Rollover: 100% anti-ghosting
- Multiple RGB Backlit Modes
- Extreme durability
- Wide Compatibility
- No CD software included when upgrading
- Brings extra sound
- The multimedia shortcut keys are not suitable for the MAC system
2. Redragon K552 Mechanical ($49.99)
Customers chose this cheap solution based on a few critical factors: price, quality, function, and aesthetics, even if they are not into gaming. You get good build quality and metal construction for a reasonable price. The high number of very customizable lighting effects makes it impressive: the lighting modes are vibrant. If you like to change things up, this set up is a shot.
- Mechanical gaming keyboard with Custom Switches (Cherry Blue equivalent) enables longevity with greater durability.
- It has 87 conflict-free N-Key Rollover, so you can play without obstacles when pressing. Twelve multimedia keys help you react instantly and make gaming more attractive in a second.
- This model offers a medium loud
- LED RGB Backlit: 18 different RGB lighting modes, 9 distinct colors, 5 backlight intensity levels.
- Breathing speed and crystal-clear uniform backlighting enhance your performance.
- Durable Metal-ABS Construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches hold out during long gaming sessions.
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP.
- Convenient for all major Computer Brands and Gaming PC.
Product Dimensions: 13.94 x 4.86 x 1.46 inches
Item Weight: 2.14 pounds
- Precise tactile feedback for typing and gaming
- LED RGB backlighting
- Stands up during hard-gaming
- Favorable for typing
- Compact size
- Limited Mac OS keyboard support
- Produces noise
- Non-braided cable
Overall: For a price of $49.99, this keyboard is quite a banger!
3. Redragon K552-RGB-BA Mechanical Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Combo ($49.99)
Now we talk about gaming essentials for PC gamers! The Redragon K552-RGB-BA got you covered whether you are looking to include some RGB lighting into gaming configuration. If you are skeptical when buying cheap items, this one will exceed your expectations! One of the customers said: I have used this combo for a couple of months, and I have to say that it truly is worth your money.
- Fast mechanical keys with medium resistance bring precise actuation. They provide tactile feedback, which is essential for gaming performance.
- 12 multimedia keys splash-proof – WIN key can be disabled.
- Crystal clear backlighting emphasizes fun.
- Metal and ABS construction bear durability.
- A high-speed USB cable with a gold plated USB connector helps to have an uninterrupted game.
Package dimensions: 17.9 x 6.5 x 1.8 inches
Item weight: 2.84 pounds
- The keys feel very similar to cherry blues
- Excellent tactile feedback and a very clear click
- It is incredibly durable
- The lighting has many presets and colors you can choose from
- The lack of a numeric keypad
4. Redragon K556 RGB LED ($64.99)
Our team considered the Redragon K556 RGB LED as the #4 best gaming keyboard under 100! This cheap mechanical keyboard brings extensive features and reliable performance at an affordable price. The definition ‘on a budget’ is in accordance with cost, but excellent media controls and customization software break prejudices about that definition.
- Experience the excellent tactile typing with mechanical brown switches. It is quieter than many good cheap keyboards, so it fits for gaming and office use. Eight spared buttons come as an award!
- Pro-gamer mode elevates gaming performance. Press FN+INS-PgDn and enter the lighting world: RGB LED lighting with 6-themed backlights and 18 lighting models. Brightness is also adjustable.
- A full metal covering with matte-finish texture bears ergonomic and durable design.
- Shorter keycaps reduce the time spent on registering your actions.
Product Dimensions: 17.13 x 4.88 x 1.59 inches
Item Weight: 3.09 pounds
- Mechanical brown switches.
- 18 backlit modes.
- N-key rollover.
- Ergonomic and durable design.
- Keycaps design.
- Keys are a bit annoying to remove without risking damaging them (could be better with practice).
Redragon always brings you freedom, convenience, and practical solutions for your needs. Get to enjoy durable gaming sessions with superior peripheral.
5. Razer Ornata Chroma (list price: $99.99; new: $79.00)
If you’re looking for the best cheap gaming keyboard, you should know the Razer Ornata Chroma is priced under $100 and still offers a ton of value – and that is why we like it! The wrist rests are comfy, so you will be grateful after hours of playing, emailing, or chatting. The current discount only enhances its great design – buy now and save $20.99!
- A unique type of switch called “High-Performance Mecha-Membrane” provides tactile feedback when pressing on a comfortable soft-cushioned membrane covered with rubber.
- With ultimate personalization and gaming immersion, Razer Chroma fully syncs with popular games for a great gaming experience.
- This cheap keyboard structure supports 8 million colors on particularly backlit keys.
- All keys and keypress combinations can be remapped to execute complex commands. Gamers say it is a big deal. Thanks to the included Synapse software, customization is easy.
- The construction is made-to-last, so it supports up to 80 million clicks backed by a 2-year.
- Lithium-ion batteries bring the potential for higher energy densities. The discharge intensity is less than half when compared to nickel-cadmium.
Product Dimensions: 18.24 x 6.67 x 1.3 inches
Item Weight: 2.1 pounds
Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batterie required (included)
Manufacturer: Razer, Inc.
- Ultimate personalization and gaming immersion with Razer Chroma Fully
- Fully programmable Macro Support Razer Hypershift
- Ergonomic magnetic wrist rest made of soft-touch leatherette
- Durable construction
- Needs more space
One of the reviews: The shining star of my setup, the soft yet mechanical click of the keys, is some of the best I’ve ever tested. These keys aren’t as loud and obnoxious as a regular mechanical keyboard!
Improve your performance and get a premium mechanical keyboard without breaking the bank!
6. Razer Huntsman (was: $149; now: $89.99)
Razer is the best-selling gaming peripherals manufacturer in the US, so Razer Huntsman is expected to be on this list. You can save $60 if you purchase now! Consider if the features below are essential to you.
About this item:
- Gaming designed keyboard with extra fast mechanical switches that use light-based actuation. Satisfying, clicky feedback is improved by a 30% shorter actuation distance than other clicky buttons at 1.5.
- It is covered with a matte, aluminum top frame, so its structure is very sturdy.
- This affordable gaming keyboard fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gadget from 30+ partners.
- Backlit keys can support 16.8 million colors, so it is a festivity to play with it.
- Structural integrity is increased by matte, aluminum top frame.
- All keys or keypress combinations can be remapped to commit multiplex commands.
- It doubles the lifespan of most opponent items.
Dimensions: 5.52 x 17.51 x 1.38 inches
Item Weight: 1.9 pounds
Manufacturer: Razer USA Ltd
Hardware platform: PC
- Faster than legacy mechanical switches
- Ultimate personalization and gaming immersion with Razer Chroma
- Fully programmable macros
- Aluminum top frame for durability
- Doubled lifespan
- Does not have macro keys
The Huntsman is a really best value gaming keyboard with the exceptional build quality. Enhanced with ‘fast’ actuation feel, gaming and typing feel great. It feels, sounds, and looks impressive.
One of the customers said: This is an amazing keyboard; the best one I’ve ever own, really, and I’ve owned many.
Buy with a current discount and save $60!
7. HyperX Alloy Origins ($109.99)
The ultra-compact design makes it an excellent solution for limited desk space. HyperX Alloy Origins characteristics are based on gamer’s needs, but you can use it for other purposes if you like this kind of control board. It is sturdy, designed to give gamers the best blend of style, gaming, and reliability.
- HyperX mechanical switches have exposed LEDs for stunning lighting. Dynamic lighting effects a complete gaming experience.
- A full aluminum body makes it firm and steady when fingers are flying.
- A portable design with detachable cable is a great solution when you are moving away frequently.
- HyperX GENUITY software provides advanced customization. Customize your craft macros, lighting, and adjust Game Mode.
- Three keyboard angles are adjustable. Modify them depending on the desk space.
- N-key rollover functionalities are an excellent option for gaming.
Product dimensions: 17.4 x 5.2 x 1.5 inches
Item weight: 2.36 pounds
Manufacturer: Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Voltage: 1.5 Volts
- HyperX Mechanical Switches rated for 80 million keystrokes
- Durable aluminum body
- Compact, portable design with detachable cable
- Onboard memory for three profiles
- Three adjustable keyboard angles
- Game Mode, 100% anti-ghosting, and N-key rollover functionalities
- Advanced customization with HyperX INGENUITY software
- RGB lighting with dynamic effects
- Compact design can be impractical if your fingers are thick
These cheap gaming keyboards’ portability makes it perfect for taking to a tournament or a LAN party. Compact design allows positioning in a variety of ways, which is not possible with a full-width keyboard. Overall, this is a high-performing compact keyboard at a great price. Get $50 off instantly! Pay $59.99 upon approval for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card.
8. ANNE PRO 2 ($109.00)
If the versatile keyboard is something you are looking for, ANNE PRO 2 comes ahead of the other models. Compact size with 61 keys can work as a standard 104-key control board by the key combination. If you have limited space for full-size gaming keyboard features, ANNE PRO 2 is a great solution!
- This is a 60% size Bluetooth RGB mechanical keyboard. ANNE PRO 2 can be a wireless or wired connected, and that is its central point. It enables wireless connection up to 4 devices.
- Compact design is still able to access all the functionalities with less hand movement.
- You can easily find its place in your backpack and carry it away when necessary. You will save desk space even if you are at home or work.
- Gaming is more comfortable with the ”Magic Fn” on the Caps Lock button – you can quickly use F1-F12 keys!
Product dimensions: 11.18 x 3.82 x 1.57 inches
Item weight: 1.4 pounds
Manufacturer: Taicang Zhigengniao
Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer (included)
- Compact design
- Designed with a comfortable and pleasant typing angle
- Bluetooth 4.0 or USB Type-C connectivity modes, up to 4 devices can be paired
- Full 61 key NKRO/Anti-Ghosting (USB mode only)
- 1ms response time
- The lack of the numeric keypad
1900mAh built-in Li-Ion battery. Capable of between 8 hours and 4 weeks of constant power depending on LED usage and brightness.
The less is more! Enter the magic gaming world with great connectivity solutions and get some extra space. Now you can play from your favorite place in your house with a wireless connected keyboard!
9. ASUS RGB Mechanical ($119.99)
ASUS RGB Mechanical was made with FPS players in mind – the portability of this budget keyboard says about that. Customize your gaming experience with onboard profiles, media control keys, on-the-fly macros recording, and extra silver-colored WASD keycaps.
About the product:
- Made of German Cherry MX Silent Red switches, so you will enjoy precision input, speedy response, patented noise reduction, and enhanced gaming performance.
- Especially designed 2X broader and ergonomic Xccurte CTRL key offer better precision.
- This is one of the best control boards at a great price that is 100% anti-ghosting. It has a super-fast response, onboard memory, on-the-fly macro keyboard recordings, Windows lock key, cable routing for uninterrupted video games sessions – you get everything at a reasonable price!
- Conspicuous slash aesthetics on the resilient aluminum top plate looks magnificent.
- Quick-switch between FN and media controls let you select among work and play mode instantly.
- Set up your style with ASUS Aura Sync and create personal lighting effects by utilizing countless color spectrum.
Product dimensions: 19.45 x 7.91 x 1.89 inches
Item weight: 3.59 pounds
- Precision shooting
- Durable construction
- Easy customize
- Pro Gamers Preferred
- Not the most ergonomic keyboard ever
If you are looking for the best affordable gaming keyboard that is easy to configure and adds extra convenience during performing, look no further! ASUS RGB mechanical is an excellent choice for gamers who mind about premium features at a great price. Improve the game with intuitive personalization!
10. ASUS RGB Mechanical – ROG Strix Flare ($129.99)
Suppose you are looking for the ultimate combination of gaming performance and personalization! ASUS RGB Mechanical enables gaming experience with on-the-fly macros recording, USB passthrough, integrated media controls, and customizable badge. Having this one is a little treasure.
- Made of German Cherry MX Silent Red switches, so precision input is guaranteed. Swift response, patented noise reduction, and enhanced gaming performance come as a bonus.
- If you are looking for the 100% anti-ghosting gaming keyboards with the super-fast response, onboard memory, on-the-fly macro keyboard recordings, Windows lock key – ASUS ROG Strix Flare got you covered at a great price!
- Set up your style with ASUS Aura Sync and create personal lighting effects by utilizing countless color spectrum. Vibrant per-key backlight and underglow on the sides bring your keyboard to life!
- It enables creating a personalized logo with the provided black acrylic badge.
- USB PASSTHROUGH for easy connectivity is included!
Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 1.22 x 17.9 inches
Item Weight: 2.8 pounds
Manufacturer: ASUS Computer International Direct
- Pro Gamers Preferred ∙ Need more space
- Precision shooting
- Durable construction
- Dedicated keyboard media controls
- Easy customization
- Need more space
ASUS RGB Mechanical – ROG Strix Flare is the most expensive solution on our list. Hit the jackpot if you are looking for an excellent responsive feel and creating a personalized backup in one. Buy now and get $10 off!
Consider the pros and cons of every item and find out the best solution. It is shown that not every aspect of technical achievement must be expensive. The best cheap mechanical keyboard is an affordable product at your service that can meet your needs and boost your gaming performance.
Now it is possible to purchase a reliable gaming keyboard and keep your pocket thankful! Buy with confidence at great prices and save up your money! ‘Cheap’ does not mean ‘low-quality’ anymore!