Top 7 Outdoor TV Models to Enjoy Summer Nights Under the Stars
Summer is here, and it means more warm nights to enjoy with our pals outside. When you are tired of bars and the downtown crowd and all you want to do is relax in front of your favorite movie or TV show, you need a top-class outdoor TV.
Outdoor TVs are something that enhances the atmosphere and takes a casual party to the next level. Unlike standard TVs we have at our homes, those designed for outdoor purposes are more durable and can easily handle different weather conditions – therefore, you can relax without worrying about potential tech issues due to high temperatures or humidity.
BEST TV FOR OUTSIDE:
There are many outdoor patio TV models you can find on the market today, and each of them comes with more or less similar features. Of course, some are more advanced than others, but your choice should be based on your needs, purposes, and budget.
The following post will present the 7 best outdoor TVs you may consider in 2021 – let’s begin.
Indoor TV vs. Outdoor TV: What’s the Difference?
Before we jump to the actual outdoor TV models, we should note the difference between so-called standard TVs and those made for the outdoor environment. They differ in four main aspects:
Indoor TVs are primarily created for a safe and dry environment, where they can’t be exposed to humidity and high temperatures. Outdoor TVs, on the other hand, can operate in different areas, regardless of the weather.
Another significant difference between these two types of TVs is their brightness and interference with sunlight on the screen. Indoor TVs would probably look dim if you took them outside, which is not the case with outdoor TVs – they have a higher NIT rating, which means that they will display a brighter screen even in direct sunlight.
Exposure to Different Elements
Weather-resistance is another crucial factor that distinguishes these two models. Namely, patio TVs are created to handle diverse weather conditions, including humidity, high temperatures, wind, debris, dust, and more. Besides, these TVs are sealed against intrusion from pollen, bugs, and similar particles that could damage the essential parts of the TV.
You should know that indoor TVs aren’t meant to be used outside, which means that you’re responsible for any potential damage to the device. That said, your warranty won’t kick in if the damages come from an external factor (humidity, high temperatures, etc.), and you’ll have to pay for the TV repair out of your pocket.
Now that the difference is clearer, we can show you the best examples of outdoor TVs you can install in your patio, gazebo, or anywhere else outside your home.
BECOME MORE TECH-SAVVY WITH THE FOLLOWING ARTICLES:
- 120-Inch Projector Screens: Top 7 Examples to Enhance Your Watching Experience
- 9 Best Waterproof Bluetooth Speakers to Take with You (2021 Edition)
- What is the Internet of Things (IoT): Everything You Need to Know
- Top 15 Smartest IoT Devices You Have in Your Room (and Don’t Know It)
- 9 Real-Life IoT Examples & Apps Commonly Used Today
- Best Android Smart Watch – Top 9 Intelligent Timepieces You can Buy
- 7 Best Budget Android Phones to Buy in 2021
- 5 Most Versatile 2 in 1 Laptops
- Top 6 Touch Screen Laptops for Digital Artists and Students
- Best Business Laptops 2021: 7 Picks with Style and Substance
7 Best TVs for Outdoor Use: 2021 Edition
Our list is mostly based on the TV’s features – you’ll see the models suitable for particular purposes and hopefully find one that meets your needs and budget. Let’s start.
1. Best Outdoor TV Overall: Samsung 65” LST QLED Terrace ($4,948.00 on Amazon)
If you’re looking for a high-end piece to complete your patio with, we suggest you check out a Samsung 65” LST QLED Terrace ($4,948.00 on Amazon). It comes with pretty immersive features that will enhance your watching experience and boost your enthusiasm for seeing your favorite action movie or Super Bowl. This TV goes beyond the standards as it offers something you have never seen before.
- High-quality 4K QLED
- Vivid colors and elevated brightness
- Many smart TV apps available
- Anti-glare angle
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Excellent sound quality
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands.
- It might not fit everyone’s budget.
2. Best Large Outdoor TV: Sony XBR85X900F 85-Inch 4K ($2,996.99 on Amazon)
If you’re a fan of large screens that occupy most of the wall space, then you’ll love Sony XBR85X900F 85-Inch 4K ($2,996.99 on Amazon). This TV goes beyond high definition – 4K UHD HDR picture provides an outstanding watching experience enriched with clarity, stunning color range, and exceptional attention to detail. It allows a seamless transition from your patio to the living room, which is another advantage of this ultra-modern and high-quality device.
- 85” size
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Vibrant colors and stunning image clarity
- Multiple inputs
- LED display technology
- Voice commands may be slow to respond.
3. Best 4K Outdoor TV: SunBriteTV SE 43” Weatherproof Outdoor TV ($1,599.00 on Amazon)
To enjoy a real 4K power right from your patio, deck, or yard, take a look at SunBriteTV SE 43” Weatherproof Outdoor TV ($1,599.00 on Amazon). It’s a nicely designed device suitable for a wide range of weather conditions, which can be entirely handled by the flawless TV mechanism. It’s convenient for watching video content even in a brighter environment, whether it’s hot or freezing outside.
- 4K LED screen with anti-glare technology
- Comes with weatherproof soundbar
- Made from durable aluminum
- Convenient for all seasons
- Protects from insects and other potentially harmful particles and organisms.
- Poor connectivity options.
4. Best Patio TV for Night Use: LG OLED55B9PUA B9 Series ($1,296.99 on Amazon)
LG OLED55B9PUA B9 Series ($1,296.99 on Amazon) is an excellent choice for night use. Thanks to its immersive features beyond the standard specs, this TV enhances the quality of images, actions, and colors. With stunning sound capabilities, this LG’s model delivers the best experience, no matter if you’re watching movies, playing video games, or dancing with your favorite music videos.
- Compatible with LG THINKQ, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant
- Advanced image and sound technologies (powered by Dolby)
- NVIDIA G sync compatibility for better image quality (excellent for video games)
- Wireless audio (cinematic sound effect)
- Built-in AirPlay 2, which allows you to cast anything from Apple iPhone or laptop to the TV.
- You may experience permanent burn-in if you leave it on too long.
5. Best Budget Outdoor TV: Furrion Aurora Partial Sun Series ($1,299.99 on Amazon)
An excellent weatherproof TV doesn’t have to come with a hefty price tag. If you’re not ready to spend the fortune on your new device, we have a solution for you – check out a Furrion Aurora Partial Sun Series ($1,299.99 on Amazon). It’s a durable piece that can handle diverse weather conditions without problems, which is why it’s quite popular among customers. It comes with other useful functions you commonly find in some pricier models.
- 4K Ultra HD
- Exceptional brightness
- Extra features such as Child Lock, Closed Caption support, Multi-language support, etc.
- Superior performance
- We haven’t noticed any drawbacks so far.
6. The Best Smart TV for Outdoor Use: Mirage Vision G Series Ultra HD/4K ($2,999.99 on Amazon)
Mirage Vision G Series Ultra HD/4K ($2,999.99 on Amazon) is the world’s thinnest outdoor TV enriched by top-notch features you’ll find extremely useful. It’s designed specifically for outdoor purposes, which is why it contains all the components that protect it from humidity, high temperatures, insects, and other outdoor perils that could harm the device. You’ll also be able to enjoy a full HD picture, bright colors, and other features that will boost your watching experience.
- A wide range of online apps
- Matrix liquid crystal
- LED technology
- Built-in speakers protected with special silicone.
- Too expensive.
7. The Brightest Exterior TV: Weatherized TVs Samsung 7 Series ($1,549.00 on eBay)
If you want to enjoy a more affordable Samsung model that offers fantastic options for outdoor use, we suggest you consider a Weatherized TVs Samsung 7 Series ($1,549.00 on eBay). It’s a new-gen all weather TV on which you can seamlessly enjoy your favorite visual content even in adverse weather conditions. It delivers a bright and crystal clear picture and other options that can enhance your experience.
- LED technology
- 4K Ultra HD
- Smart hub (all your favorite TV apps in one place)
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility.
- No drawbacks so far.
How to Find the Best TV for Outdoor Use?
If it’s your first time buying an outdoor TV, you are probably not sure where to look. Therefore, we have prepared a brief yet comprehensive list of things you should pay attention to when purchasing the best outdoor TV for your veranda, patio, gazebo, or any place outside your home.
1. Sunlight Conditions
You’ll see that outdoor TVs are commonly divided into three categories based on sunlight conditions they can handle. These categories include shaded, partial-shaded, and full sunlight TVs.
Shaded TVs should be installed in places that don’t receive a lot of sunlight, such as an enclosed patio, screened gazebo, or pool room. Partial-shaded TVs can be mounted in locations that receive sunlight but are not directly exposed to it, while full sunlight models can be put directly under the sun (swimming pool areas, for example). They are often more expensive than other models since they come with anti-glare screens, have a higher contrast ratio, and are fully-weatherproofed.
2. Outdoor TV Size
You should choose a particular TV size depending on how many people will watch the TV and from which angles. Outdoor TV’s sizes come up to 75 inches, but if you find the right place to install it, even the 40-inch TV will work fine.
3. Outdoor TV Weatherproofing
Make sure your TV is weatherproof – that said, it should be protected from high temperatures, dust, debris, rain, humidity, insects, and other potentially harmful substances that come from the outside. However, you can always add a cover to protect your TV even more.
4. Picture Quality & Clarity
It’s essential to find a TV that displays a high-quality and clear picture if you want to enjoy your movie nights fully. Make sure your TV has a high-tempered and anti-reflective glass that works perfectly even during the bright and sunny days, and boost your experience with HDR, 4K, ultra HD, and other features that improve the overall image quality.
5. Outdoor TV Sound
Most TVs come with built-in speakers, but that’s often not enough. That said, look for models that allow integration with sound systems to get a much better sensation as you’re watching sports, movies, or music videos.
Best Outdoor TV: Frequently Asked Questions
Many questions arise when it comes to patio TV, and some of them include:
1. Can Regular TV Be Used Outdoors?
It’s not recommended to use regular TV outside. Regular TVs are not meant to be exposed to humidity, hot temperatures, and other outdoor factors that could easily damage it. Besides, it probably won’t provide the expected experience since it’s not as bright as outdoor TVs.
In case your indoor TV gets damaged by water, sunlight, or other elements it shouldn’t be exposed to, the warranty won’t kick in, but you’ll need to pay the repair out of your pocket. This is another critical reason to avoid putting your regular TV outside.
2. What TV is Best for Outdoor Use?
All the outdoor TV brands we mentioned on the list can work perfectly. Still, your choice should be based on your budget, needs, and purposes.
3. Are Outdoor TVs Worth It?
As you could see, outdoor TVs have a hefty price tag, and people often wonder whether they are actually worth it. The total cost of a TV will include the installation costs, shipping, and some other stuff as well, which means that you may end up paying almost $7,000 for a TV.
If you’re not ready to pay that amount of money for a TV, you may check out some projectors that could also work fine for less money.