Best Touch Screen Laptop – Top 6 Devices for Digital Artists & Students
Look around you – most folks use laptops that have bland and uninspiring screens. A touch screen laptop sets you apart from that everyday user.
Touchscreen tech jumps onto the computing stage amid the rise of tablets and smartphones, changing the way people interact with devices.
As computing evolved, operating systems changed as well, integrating touchscreen features into its interface.
The advantages of these devices are evident. Touch enables for much easier navigation around different apps than a built-in trackpad, although manufacturers strive to make trackpads that support multi-touch motions.
With that in mind, our IT gurus found the 6 best touch screen laptops for everyone, from college to digital artists.
1. HP Envy 13 – Best Touchscreen Laptop Under 1000
By offering a blend of fancy design, marvelous quality, high performance, and plenty of handy hardware features, the latest generation 13- HP Envy is one of the best options in this segment.
Thin and refined, it has a fast and futureproof Intel processor, a Full HD touchscreen with slender bezels, a superb set of wired/wireless connectivity options, and a well-known battery life.
The keyboard and the trackpad are fantastic also. These new functionalities deliver a massive leap in quality and precision over the previous versions.
The device has a good assortment of ports, which involves two USB-C ports and two standard USB 3.0 connections, with one of each on either side.
A built-in fingerprint sensor is on the scene, too, as are a webcam kill switch and stereo speakers made by Bang & Olufsen.
Most importantly, when it comes to performance, this HP Envy version is impossible to overlook, especially considering its hardware/software specs and the build quality it brings.
- CPU – Intel 8th-generation Core i7-8550U;
- Memory – 8GB LPDDR-1866 SDRAM;
- Display – 13.3-inch FHD (1920×1080) IPS WLED backlit touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass NBT, specially designed to protect touchscreens;
- Graphics – Intel UHD Graphics 620;
- Storage – 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD;
- Connectivity – One USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) Type C, two USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A, audio jack;
- Wireless – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2×2), Bluetooth 4.2;
- Dimensions – 12.09×8.35×0.59 inches;
- Weight – 2.9 pounds without AC adapter;
- Battery – Up to 17 hours.
- High-quality 4K touch screen;
- Extra-long battery life;
- Fantastic performance;
- Excellent color space coverage;
- Great lightweight design;
- Webcam kill switch.
- No Thunderbolt 3 ports;
- No IR camera.
Verdict – The HP Envy 13 is an almost ideal laptop that brings fast performance, stretched battery life, and a brilliant display at a fair-minded price.
2. HP Chromebook x2 – Best Touch Screen Laptop Under 500
There’s a ton of Chromebooks out there, but HP’s Chromebook x2 is one of the best solutions. It’s an affordable and versatile laptop with touch screen along with quickie Chrome OS.
The 2-in-1 design of the 12.3” laptop makes it easy to detach and use as a tablet when necessary, while both front and rear cameras let you use the device in a variety of ways. The display features a sizeable 2,400 x 1,600 resolution.
The light Chrome OS doesn’t need much under the hood, which is why the HP’s x2 matches perfectly with an Intel Core m3-7Y30 1GHz processor, 23GB SSD storage, and 4GB RAM.
There’s a USB-C port for attaching different accessories and more data out of the Chromebook as you need to, which means this device pairs exceptionally well with a compatible external hard drive if you want more storage.
The keyboard also has a loop into which you can slide the included stylus, an active pen intended for graphic design work, or for storage.
Like many tablets, the speakers are embedded in the screen, and these units, from Bang & Olufsen, are loud, filling the space more effectively than most rivals, perhaps in part thanks to their higher placement.
- Processor – Intel Core m3-7Y30;
- RAM – 4GB;
- Storage – 32GB;
- Ports – Two USB-C, microSD, headphone jack;
- Display – 12.3-inch, 2400 x 1600 pixel;
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 8.32 x .33 inches;
- Weight – 3.07 lbs. with keyboard; tablet 1.62 lbs;
- Battery – 48Wh, rated to 10.5 hours.
- The touchscreen looks good and is responsive;
- Bright and high-resolution display;
- Good hinge with detachable screen;
- Keyboard and stylus are included;
- Sufficient array of connections and ports;
- Stable performance and decent battery life.
- No backlit keyboard;
- Thick bezels.
3. Microsoft Surface Go – Best Touchscreen Laptop Under 400
The MS Surface Go is a cool touch-screen device for content creators on the budget. Affordable, lightweight, and handy, the Surface Go is an excellent alternative for those who aren’t really interested in the Surface Pro version.
The Go is a smaller, 10″ model that runs on an Intel Pentium chip and weighs only a tad over a pound. The Type Cover accessory is, as with the Surface models, a plain magnetic attachment, but it’s also an extra $130 purchase, so keep that in mind when purchasing.
Its ports include a USB-C connection along with a headphone jack.
The display features a superb 1,800 x 1,200 resolution with surprisingly high brightness levels.
However, the Pentium Gold 4415Y CPU inside the Surface Go won’t deliver enough power to run Photoshop, but it’ll do the job for streaming content or even light video and photo editing.
The Go has a thick bezel around the display, so Microsoft could even have squeezed an 11″ display into this design with a screen that’s more edge-to-edge. When searching, you can pick between 4 and 8GB of RAM, and between 64 and 128GB of SSD storage.
- Display – 10-inch, 3:2 aspect, 1800×1200 with touch 216 ppi;
- Processor – Intel Premium Gold 4415Y (1.66 GHz) fanless;
- Graphics – Intel HD 615;
- Ram – 4GB or 8GB;
- Storage – 64GB eMMC, 128 GB or 256 SSD;
- Surface Pen – 4,096 levels of pressure and tilt support;
- Camera – 5MP front-facing with Windows Hello ,8MP rear auto-focus;
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, Optional LTE (late 2018);
- Audio – Dual front-facing speakers, Dolby Audio Premium;
- Battery – Up to 9 hours.
- Surface Pan with 4,096 levels of display;
- Bright and colorful display;
- High build quality;
- Small, lightweight design;
- Extremely portable;
- Kick-stand offers versatility.
- Low battery life;
- The pen and keyboard cost extra.
Rundown – The Surface Go is very close to a perfect budget tablet and mini laptop in one package, but low battery life holds it back.
4. Acer Chromebook R 11 Convertible – Best Touch Screen Laptop Under 300
Chromebook R 11 Convertible powered by Acer is one of the most affordable ones on the market. This device doesn’t pinch your pocket much but definitely is productive like the other models on the market. Being a touch screen laptop, it has many uses and provides excellent portability.
The thin and sleek design of the body is designed to make the laptop more elegant and stylish. Its 11.6” touchscreen display is flawless and has a decent display. It notices all the eye-popping details quite easy and offers much better clarity.
Its 360-degree hinge makes it more suitable to use the laptop without damaging it. This Chromebook is unique with the Intel Celeron N3150 processor.
Still, the storage is 32 GB and can’t be expanded further, so if you need big storage space, then this laptop should isn’t the best option. One of its big advantages is the 10-hour battery life and the solid built.
- Processor –6GHz quad-core Intel Celeron N3150 (quad-core, 3MB cache, up to 2.08GHz with Turbo Boost);
- Graphics – Integrated Intel HD;
- Memory – 4GB DDR3L;
- Storage – 32GB;
- Display – 11.6 HD, 1,366 x 768 touchscreen, LED-backlit IPS;
- Camera – 720p webcam;
- Wireless – 802.11ac (B/G/N) dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0;
- Ports – 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI with HDCP, 1x 3.5mm headphone jack, 1x SD card slot;
- Weight – 2.76lbs;
- Size – 11.57 x 8.03 x 0.76 inches (WxDxH);
- Battery – Up to 10 hours.
- Highly-responsive touch screen;
- Good build quality;
- Colorful display;
- Great performance with 4GB model;
- Competent convertible experience;
- Fantastic speakers.
- Lower battery life than other Chromebooks;
- HD-only screen.
5. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 – Best Touchscreen Laptop for Drawing
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is one of the most versatile and best touch screen devices in the industry.
The computer isn’t just powerful from its innards but is equally well-built for different uses. It can be coupled with a detachable keyboard, which makes it comfy to use it as a tablet as well as a laptop.
For drawing, the device is compatible with Surface Pen (4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity), which is one of the best digitals pens on the market. Surface Pro 6 is compact and comes with exceptional ergonomics for ease of usage.
Anyhow, both the Surface Pen and the Type Cover cost extra, which adds another $200 to its price. Don’t forget, Pro 6 is powered by an Intel Core i5 processor matched with 8GB of RAM and 256 of SSD storage.
The device can also be bought with Core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, and up to 1TB of SSD, which makes it stands out in the class of powerful convertibles.
Further, the device comes with a handsome 12.3-inch PixelSense display, which delivers true to life color reproduction.
- CPU – 8th-gen Intel Core i5, Core i7;
- RAM – 8GB or 16GB;
- SSD – 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB;
- Display – 12.3 inches (2736 x 1824 pixels);
- Ports – 1 USB 3.0, DisplayPort, Surface Connect, microSD, headphone;
- Cameras – Rear: 8 MP; Front: 5 MP;
- Size – 11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33 inches;
- Weight – 1.7 pounds (tablet), 2.4 pounds (with keyboard);
- Battery – 13 hours and 30 minutes.
- Silky-smooth pen input;
- Top-line Surface Pen;
- Quick quad-core performance;
- Best kickstand and keyboard in the class;
- Long battery life;
- Marvelous new color option.
- No USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports;
- Small keyboard dock.
Survey – The comfort of usage, the attractive display, the Surface’s Pen feasibility, and the long-lasting battery life makes Microsoft Surface Pro 6 a picture-perfect laptop for artists who want to use their device for drawing.
6. Dell XPS 13 – Best Touch Screen Laptop for Students
The touch version in the Dell XPS 13 line has every feature like any other highly-rated laptop, from its upgraded 8th-gen processor to its battery life.
Plus, the display also inherits that first-rate quality, with fabulous color reproduction, HDR features, and 400 nits of brightness – along with virtually non-existent bezels.
Furthermore, it boasts that covetable 4K touchscreen virtue, making it all the more helpful for many creative and productive endeavors.
Its New Whiskey Lake processors offer a quick performance boost, which should be a real deal for enterprise users who use CPU-intensive software.
Moreover, this device has 128 GB Solid Slate Drive and an 8GB RAM, which brings decent storage and a valuable memory for daily use. Therefore, it can be a huge boon for freelancers as it’s mighty and handy.
Its 7th generation i7-7200U processor can be upgraded from 2.4 Hz to 3.6 Hz, so you can modify this laptop as per your needs.
- Display: 13.3-inch, 1080p or 4K;
- CPU: Up to Intel Core i7;
- GPU: Intel UHD 620;
- RAM: Up to 16GB;
- Storage: Up to 1TB SSD;
- Size – 11.9 x 7.8 x 0.5 inches;
- Weight – 2.7 pounds;
- Battery Life – 7:50 hours (4K);
- Impressive 4K display;
- Gorgeous InfinityEdge bezels;
- Plenty of ports;
- Classy and lightweight design;
- Excellent keyboard;
- Powerful Intel Whiskey Lake
Editors don’t like
- 4K display isn’t the best for battery life;
- SSD is low at saving files.
Overview – The Dell XPS 13 introduces a new color, a robust Intel Whiskey Lake processor, a 4K display – all in a thin, lightweight shell.
It does seem like a dream to have that ideal touchscreen on a laptop. Clearly, it wouldn’t be as sensitive as smartphones or tablets, but with technology advancing with every passing day, many laptops come with a touchscreen as smooth as silk and as functional as a leading smartphone model!
- Best 2 in 1 Laptops – The 5 Most Versatile Players
- The 6 Top-Class Antivirus Software for iPhone
- Best Business Laptops – Top 7 Picks with Style and Substance
- Top 7 Free & Paid Antivirus Solutions for Mac
- 5 Top Rated Free Antivirus for Home Users
- Expert’s Choice: The Ultimate Server Antivirus Programs
- The Best Antivirus for Android Smartphones and Tablets