10 Best Commercial Undercounter Dishwashers for Sparkling Clean Dishes [+ Buying Guide]
Cleaning dishes quickly is the crucial factor of any successful food service operation. Having a suitable restaurant dishwasher will keep your guests satisfied, your employees happy but will also meet food safety regulations.
There are many different types and commercial dishwashers on the market, so choosing the best for you can be a daunting task. Different industrial dishwashers meet different food business needs.
Undercounter bar dishwasher will keep your dishes and glasses clean, quickly, and without hassle. They are designed to maximize the kitchen space, so they are often found in small dining facilities, like local restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Take a look at this detailed guide to the 10 best undercounter dishwashers and be sure you will make the right decision.
Best Under Counter Commercial Dishwashers for 2022
1. CMA Dishmachines UC65e ($4,246.80)
This dishwasher is high temperature undercounter dishwasher; it completes 30 racks per hour. It is a big help to any commercial restaurant because it washes fast, and the dishes come out sparkling clean.
CMA Dishmachines UC65e is Energy Star Qualified, ETL listed, and NSF certified. It has upper and lower stainless steel rotating wash and rinse arms and a triple filtering protection system and uses only 0.8 gallons of water per cycle.
Extended wash cycle for heavily soiled dishes
The safety temperature feature ensures the final rinse cycle reaches sanitizing temperatures
None we could find
2. Central Value Series Undercounter Stainless Steel Sanitizing Dishwasher ($2,899.00)
This ETL-certified high temperature undercounter bar dishwasher fits easily under the counter. It is perfect for bars, pubs, restaurants, and hotels.
Central Value Series Undercounter Stainless Steel Sanitizing Dishwasher is made of heavy-duty stainless steel. It has a built-in drain pump to drain water. It washes 30 racks per hour on a 2-minute cycle.
Easy to operate
No racks included
3. Blakeslee UC-18 Stainless Steel Commercial Restaurant Undercounter Dishwasher ($2,899.00)
This under bar dishwasher is a quiet one, operating under 60 dB. Ideal for bars, pubs, restaurants, and hotels. It has a capacity of 30 racks per hour on a 2-minute cycle or 20 racks per hour on a 3-minute cycle.
Blakeslee UC-18 Stainless Steel Commercial Restaurant Undercounter Dishwasher has a built-in 4500-watt booster heater with a maximum temperature of 185o F and a 2700-watt wash tank heater. It is UL, NSF and CSA certified. Your glasses, dishes, cups, and plates will be sanitized and ready to serve almost instantly.
Ultra-efficient water usage of 0.6 gallons per rack
One dish rack
The heavy door held shut with only one magnet
4. Hobart LXEH High Temp Undercounter Dishwasher ($7,985.67)
This dishwasher offers high temperature sanitizing, with 32 racks per hour. Hobart LXEH High Temp Undercounter Dishwasher is Energy Star certified and NSF listed. It uses only 0.74 gallons of water per rack, so it saves you time and money.
It accomplishes sanitation with a built-in booster heater designed to raise the water temperature to a minimum of 180oF. The wash and rinse cycle is fully automatic, controlled by solid-state electronics. The cycle can be interrupted any time by opening the door, and it will continue when the door is closed.
Delime notification with cycle
Inherent overload protection of the motor
Water hardness should not exceed 3 grains per gallon
5. CMA Dishmachines UC50e ($4,032.00)
Constructed of double-walled stainless-steel skin, CMA Dishmachines UC50e provides constant heating and quiet operation. It can accommodate 30 racks per hour, with a rapid heat-up time. Its opening is slightly larger that allows for taller items.
A triple filter protection system captures excess soil and debris. Safety filters are made of stainless steel to protect the washing pump. Pump drain allows for multiple installation applications, including elevated drains.
It is safe to use, easy to maintain, and user-friendly.
Drain water tempering installation option
Manual drain very slow
6. Champion UH130B Dishwasher ($4,488.75)
This high temperature dishwasher can clean 25 racks per hour, using 38 gallons of water. Champion UH130B Dishwasher has low-water protection for tank heat and a Shear Energy – a reduction of energy requirements while maximizing performance at the same time.
It automatically drains water for the next cycle, ensuring sanitation with new freshwater. It is the best choice for your dining facility, equipped with a door safety switch, advanced digital thermometer monitoring, detergent, and rinse aid pumps.
- Soft start for glassware protection
- Includes 1 peg rack and 1 flat rack
- Rubber diaphragms in the solenoid valves are susceptible to hard water
7. Fagor Dishwashing COP-504W Evo Concept+ ($2,949.00)
Fagor Dishwashing COP-504W Evo Concept+ has 3 wash cycles (90-120-180 seconds) and uses 0.65 gallons per cycle. Its conveniently located electric box ensures easy access and improves maintenance.
This commercial dishwasher undercounter fits standard rack size, with stainless steel body structure designed for durability. A counterbalanced insulated door keeps water and pressure securely inside.
It has a fantastic cleaning potential of up to 37racks/hour. It can be used for pots and pans, but it is advisable to clean them so the glasses you wash with pots remain spotless.
- Dishes dry quickly without the hand drying
- 1 flat rack, 1 peg rack and 1 cutlery container included
- ¾ water inlet and adaptor for ¾ female garden hose also included
- The water drain plug is a little tricky to get out
8. OMCAN 45219 CD-GR-0500 Undercounter Commercial Restaurant Dishwasher ($2,975.00)
OMCAN 45219 CD-GR-0500 Undercounter Commercial Restaurant Dishwasher is NSF certified, stainless steel high temp undercounter dishwasher with 3 washing cycles (2, 3, and 4 minutes). Proof rinse feature ensures proper sanitized rinse cycle temperature.
It has thermal protection for wash and tank booster, standard tank and boiler thermometer, draining, and detergent pumps. Depending on local water hardness, the nozzles on the upper wash piping and rinse arms must be cleaned from time to time. Just make sure not to damage them during the removal.
- Pressure reducing valve for the water inlet included
- It comes with 1 peg rack, 1 flat rack, and 1 cutlery tray
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Dishes with dry food residue needs soaking
9. Jet Tech 727-E High Temp Commercial Cup/Glass/Dishwasher ($3,299.00)
When you need one of the best under counter commercial dishwashers, Jet Tech 727-E High Temp Commercial Cup/Glass/Dishwasher is #1 for you. It is a predominantly commercial glass washing machine with a cleaning capacity of 30 racks per hour. You can plan your washing with the various cycle options and features, allowing you to customize the sophisticated glass washing cycle.
- Contain alternate heating resistors which reduce maximum heating absorption
- Soft tap buttons – no need for manual programming each time
- None we could find
10. Fagor Dishwashing CO-502W Evo Concept+ ($2,499.00)
Another Fagor dishwasher on our list. It reaches the temperature of 180oF, and a timer will not advance to the rinse cycle until the sanitation temperature of the rinse water is met. The optimized hydraulic system of the Fagor Dishwashing CO-502W Evo Concept+ provides a strong mechanical action combined with the optimum clean water in the tank.
Built-in detergent, rinse and drain pumps, and pressure gauge makes this commercial bar dishwasher an efficient unit that will ensure you pass the health inspection.
- User-friendly operation
- Harder to get parts
How to Buy a Commercial Undercounter Dishwasher?
Commercial dishwashers are designed to accommodate any service operation, from the small snack bars to high-volume hotels and restaurants. However, before diving into the world of commercial dishwashers, there are several things to take into consideration:
- Space in the kitchen
- Type of food/drink you serve
- Size of the dishes
- Available power outlet in the warewashing area
- Consistent hot water supply
We will present you with several types and styles of industrial dishwashers to help you choose the perfect one for your diverse business needs.
Types of Commercial Dishwashers
There are 3 types of commercial dishwashers, depending on their size and capacity. So, we have:
- Undercounter commercial dishwashers are perfect for small commercial kitchens, like bars, nursing homes, and churches. They fit perfectly under the standard countertop, saving you space in the kitchen. In addition, they are usually capable of finishing between 20-30 racks per hour, giving you a steady supply of clean dinnerware.
- Door/Rack type of commercial dishwashers have more vertical space, allowing you to wash and sanitize large pots and full-sized oven pans. They can clean 35 to 60 racks per hour, making them just the right thing for the busy restaurants.
- Conveyor dishwashers can be used for larger venues that need to turn around hundreds of racks per hour (approximately 150-200+ racks per hour). However, they are designed for heavy use and require a large warewashing area.
High Heat vs. Low Heat Dishwashers
All 3 types of the abovementioned dishwashers come in high heat and low heat options. The main difference between these two is how they sanitize dishes.
High-temperature dishwashers use hot water to clean and sanitize your dinnerware. They go through the same cycles, which include filling, washing, draining, and cleaning. As a result, they will not corrode and discolor your dishes or impact the flavor of the food or drink.
In the rinse cycle, the dishes are sprayed with water that exceeds 180oF, killing any bacteria and removing any stubborn grease on the dishes.
The initial cost is higher, and they usually need a 208 V power outlet.
Low-temperature dishwashers use FDA-approved chemicals for sanitation. It includes ammonium, iodine, or chlorine.
The advantage is the lower cost, and they require less energy – they can usually be installed with a standard 120 V outlet. Just be aware of the potential damage to the flatware due to the acidic chemicals used for sanitizing them.
Best Brands of Dishwashers
Every brand on the list below makes reliable machines that, with the proper maintenance, will last for a very long time.
Hobart is a trusted kitchen appliance company that has been making food service products for over 100 years. Their dishwashers work very well, but sometimes you will need to pay extra for the features you may want, for example, a booster heater.
Champion makes dishwashers easy to use and efficient, and available in every size – from undercounter to conveyor type. They are a good compromise if you want high quality and value.
Jet-Tech is the perfect dishwasher brand for heavy-duty cleaning because of the tendency to have strong water pressure.
This company makes machines that last for a long time, but some people say they are not ideal for delicate glassware.
Fagor has a strong reputation for making affordable commercial appliances of all kinds. However, their dishwashers tend to be on the small side, so if you need a bigger commercial dishwasher, this is not a brand for you.
CMA Dishmachines provides high-quality kitchen equipment, high and low-temperature dishwashers, combining creative ideas and innovative design. Their dishwashers are sturdy, fast, and easy to use. The only drawback is found on the drainage system – they tend to drain slowly, which is a minor inconvenience.
Benefits of Undercounter Dishwasher Models
Cleanliness is essential whether you own a bar, hotel, or small restaurant. However, washing the dishes by hand can be time-consuming. That is why an undercounter commercial dishwasher can be the perfect solution for your business. Here are some benefits:
- Space-saving – these units are similar in size and shape to any residential dishwasher. They are compact, suited to smaller commercial kitchens with lower cleaning demands, and can fit under the standard countertop.
- Sanitization – provides much more sanitary cleaning than hand washing would. You can choose between hot water sanitizing method or a chemical solution. For example, hot water dishwashers wash dishes at 150 to 160oF and rinse them at 180o
- Quiet operation – an insulated double-wall construction allows for quiet operation.
- Efficient – you need to wash more dishes in less time to keep up; every dishwasher will wash up to 35 racks per hour.
- Affordable – they cost less than larger types of dishwashers and are sturdier than any residential washing machine. In addition, it will last longer, so your investment will be regained over time.
- Decreased energy consumption – commercial dishwashers are made to be as energy-efficient as possible; look for Energy Star certification.
- Lower labor costs – saving money on hiring a dishwasher is a great advantage.